Gary Patterson has taken TCU to the upper-echelon of college football programs over the past few years, and if not for a late-season charge by the Ohio State Buckeyes, the Horned Frogs may have found themselves in the final four teams playing for a national championship.
Remember, if you want my complete AFCA notes, click here to become an Insider for free, or click on that picture of Chip Kelly in the top right corner of the screen.
General Session – Gary Patterson – TCU
– Success is not easy, it comes at a price in this profession.
– I’m worried about the future of this game. » Read more
Another convention is in the books, and a lot of great speakers had a lot to say. The two big names who spoke on Tuesday were Paul Johnson of Georgia Tech and Gary Patterson of TCU.
Also, before I forget, you can read my complete convention notes by signing up to become a subscriber by clicking here, or clicking on the picture of Chip Kelly up there in the right hand corner of the page.
General Session – Paul Johnson – Georgia Tech
– As a head coach, it’s all about the people who surround you and who do most of the work.
– This past season was one of the most fun seasons I’ve had because we went back to basics.
– I’ve heard every possible excuse why this offense won’t work.
“Be yourself. People are smart and they see right through someone who isn’t sincere. Stay true to your philosophies.”
– I think people want to be held accountable for their actions.
– I’d be a better assistant coach today than I was 18 years ago, because now I know that there is a lot that I never knew as an assistant. Some times the head coach has to keep things to himself. » Read more